Silicon Valley Public Access Link (SVPAL) is committed to a policy of free expression and free access to ideas. SVPAL is committed to a policy of responsible use of the system that does not restrict others from using and enjoying the system. To these ends, a user of Silicon Valley Public Access Link agrees to the following terms and limitations as a condition to use the system.
- I will use SVPAL in a manner that is consistent with all applicable laws and regulations.
- I will obey copyright and license agreements, and except for small quotes, will put copyrighted material on SVPAL only with written permission to do so from the copyright holder.
- I will not disseminate on SVPAL information that is personal to others, such as credit card or social security numbers, nor will I disseminate communications that are clearly personal and private to others.
- I will not share passwords. All accounts are individual accounts. An individual may allow immediate family or family-unit subscribers LIVING IN THE SAME HOUSEHOLD to use the account. For class accounts or similar multi-user accounts, explicit arrangements must be made - contact SVPAL.
- I will not attempt to gain unauthorized access to SVPAL, nor use SVPAL to gain unauthorized access to other systems.
- I will not flood the system or individual users with unsolicited e-mail.
- I will not use SVPAL to publish libelous or slanderous material, or engage in any action that restricts or inhibits others from enjoying the system.
- I will use SVPAL so as to respect the privacy and personal rights of others.
I Agree to these terms, and with others that SVPAL may publish in the future.